Practice Manager & Client Service Associate
Stonegate Private Counsel specializes in managing the affairs of successful Canadian families. We are a partnership of experienced professionals, driven by shared values and a long-term approach to meeting the multi-generational needs of our clients.
We offer comprehensive services that go beyond investment management by providing valued advice that touches on all aspects of our clients’ financial lives.
Our customized services include sophisticated financial planning and tax strategies, estate planning, asset and risk management solutions, and a choice of investment solutions.
At Stonegate, we create a legacy of trust. The result is long-term confidence and peace of mind.
- The Associate is responsible for providing on-going support to the Managing Director & Principals to assist in the smooth running of the practice and to promote organizational efficiency.
- Duties can include preparation for quarterly client meetings, and completion of meeting follow-up activities in concert with other team members
- Duties can also include recurring activities tied to standard operations, procedures and administrative tasks.
- The Associate will oversee, review and coordinate all aspects of the client experience, including supervision of other team members.
- Handle client account administration including, but not limited to, client queries and requests, setting up new accounts, overseeing trade processing and followup as well as client meeting preparations and wealth planning reports
- Preparing special reports as required (i.e. Performance Summary, Portfolio Valuations, Asset Allocations, etc.)
- Oversee the preparation of NAAF’s, IPQ’s, account paperwork for Managing Director approval and submission
- Responsible for ensuring client requests are completed accurately including any transactions and meeting follow-up
- Maintain comprehensive records in contact management system of all client needs and interactions
- Typing, updating for approval, all policies and procedures relating to practice
- Ensuring all procedures are being followed
- Proofread and send and file outgoing correspondence both personal & client related, maintaining appropriate follow-through
- Taking calls, talking with clients and directing calls
- Provide support in dealing and responding to correspondence, emails and phone enquires
- Coordinate all with the Advisors and Clients to acquire documentation required to complete Client Wealth Planning
- Coordinate with the on-site Wealth Planning team for completion of Wealth Planning Modules
- Coordinate with the Advisors and in-house Insurance Team in order to complete, process and track new Insurance Applications
- Coordinate with Advisors to maintain Estate Planning files and flow-charts for each client
- Coordinate all with the Advisors the Discovery Process and Onboarding Process of Prospective and New Clients
- Advise and assist with the preparation and coordination of presentations, proposals and other marketing and client communication materials
- The marketing, preparation and coordination of client events
- Overseeing the sending of mail-outs via snail mail & via online Newsletters
- Progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Office software, Windows and e-mail systems.
- Experience in the finance/investment industry helpful.
- University degree or college diploma preferred
- Financial designations such as Canadians Securities or Mutual Funds License, CFP or CIM, or related experience, an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong typing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- Pleasant and professional telephone manner
- Adherence to issues of confidentiality.
- Professional and presentable appearance.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and work as a team.
- Ability to oversee and manage people.
- Flexibility to effectively take on new and evolving duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to learn new software relatively quickly.
As an independently owned and operated team of Stonegate Private Counsel LP, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.